Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favorite Ereader app for TouchSquid
10-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Favorite Ereader app for TouchSquid
I found this interesting article at http://goodereader.com/blog/tablet-slate...d-tablets/ on the 5 best reader apps. I was glad to be able to test the TouchSquid tablet at the Douglas College EYA event. Liked the Aidiko ereader app. I also own a Kobo ereader. I have not had a chance to test other ereader apps, but I liked the screen layout, being able to view an entire page on one screen and still readable. I liked being able to flip the page with a hand swipe. Could be because my Kobo has a resistive screen, while the TouchSquid has a capacitive screen.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM
RE: Favorite Ereader app for TouchSquid
Aidiko is indeed a favorite ereader app. I was wondering why the Bible was not included in the Aidiko app, until I found out that the Bible was classified in the fiction category. In the Soc.io mall, which will be pre-installed on the TouchSquid, the Bible is classified under Religion.
12-10-2011, 07:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 07:59 PM by admin.)
Thumbs Up RE: Favorite Ereader app for TouchSquid
Kobo works great on the Squid. This is excellent because we already have a Kobo ereader and thus a Kobo account.

I found and downloaded the Kobo app on Getjar, which is preloaded on the TS. Just search Kobo. It takes only seconds to install.

It works similarly to other ereaders. A bookshelf appears with books you have purchased or downloaded free. Just touch the one you want to read.

Press the Menu button and then settings and you can set Font Sizes and style. I chose "Larger" and "Sans Serif" which gives me a font I can read well without my glasses.

Swiping a finger to the right moves to the next page. Swiping to the left goes back a page. Hitting the BACK button will place a bookmark and take you back to the shelves in case you want to choose another book.

Touch the Browse or Search buttons to find new books to read.

Highly recommended 4 out of 5 ****
GS
Read my novel Tiger and the Robot

Then try the Saga Personal Assistant App featured in the book.
02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
RE: Favorite Ereader app for TouchSquid
I use OverDrive. It allows me to get books from my local library. I also use Kobo.